Final Auction Price
*Final prices include buyers premium
Starting bid: $1.00
Total bids: 0
This poster is signed and doodled in pencil by the artist Stanley Mouse!
Here is your chance to get an independently authenticated and graded Original First Printing of what is perhaps the most famous and sought after 1960's concert poster ever created. It is estimated that just 2500 Original First Printings of this issue were produced. Probably 5-15% of these have survived the past 52 years in ANY condition. If you were to own just ONE vintage concert poster and this was what you owned collectors would be forced to acknowledge that your collection was truly World Class!
The specimen offered here represents an extra special opportunity as it demonstrates the unique and superior advantages and VALUE of buying an INDEPENDENTLY and STRICTLY graded CGC specimen instead of "rolling the dice" with your hard earned money based on the subjective opinion of what the seller (US!) claims it is. Let's break down exactly what we're talking about here:
1) First and foremost this specimen has been off the market since the early 1980's it is super fresh and a new offering for collectors.
2) This specimen is 100% ORIGINAL with no restoration of any kind. It is REMARKABLY CLEAN. It is pinhole free exhibits ultra bright colors and perfect registration.
3) This poster has been signed and doodled by the artist the legendary Stanley Mouse.
4) This specimen was submitted to us with the belief that this specimen would earn a mega grade of 9.0 better and $40 000+ valuation. This opinion was completely understandable because to the UNTRAINED EYE this poster is close to flawless and exhibits the exact SAME EYE APPEAL AND "WOW" FACTOR OF A DEAD MINT POSTER.
5) Due to the frequent presence of creases on the reverse (completely invisible from the front) and 2 tears of a 1/4" of less at the bottom CGC has graded this specimen a SUPER STRICT 5.0.
6) We can say with 100% CONFIDENCE that this is the strictest grade that CGC has assigned out of the thousands of CGC posters that have crossed our auction block.
What this means for collectors RIGHT NOW ... is a chance to buy the most famous poster of them all .... in spectacular condition with World Class eye appeal ...at a fraction of the $56 400 that the record breaking 9.8 specimen sold for earlier this year in our auction. (And that 9.8 specimen was NOT signed)
If your ever dreamed of owning an Original First Printing of this classic rarity but didn't want a copy that was thrashed and trashed this could be your very best chance to do so.
And best of all when the time comes to sell this Classic Rarity will be HIGHLY LIQUID because it's condition will based NOT ON OUR OPINION but on the opinion of an unbiased independent expert.
That folks is how you get the most poster for your hard earned collecting dollar!
Estimate - $9 000-$18 000
Poster – Grateful Dead Avalon Ballroom
Grade – CGC 5.0
Bands/Bill - Grateful Dead Oxford Circle
Venue - Avalon Ballroom
City - San Francisco California
Date - 9/16-17/1966
Dimensions - 14 3/16” x 19 15/16”
Printing - OP-1 Original Pre-Concert First Printing
Artist - Stanley Mouse Alton Kelley
Series/Promoter - Family Dog
Paper - Vellum
Condition Details - 100% Original with no restoration. 1/4" and 1/8" tear on bottom edge significant creasing very slight toning from contact with mat board (on edges). Signed by Mouse with perfect printing registration. View the detailed high res photo of this lot. Click on the thumbnail photo to see an enlarged photo. Click a second time on the magnifying glass in the upper right corner of the enlarged photo. A super high res image with every millimeter will now be clearly displayed. For a personalized eyewitness examination call 410-464-6180 11:00 am to 6:00pm eastern.
*****This poster is available for inspection at our gallery by appointment. *****
*A 20% Buyers Premium will be added to the final hammer price of this lot.*"