Final Auction Price
*Final prices include buyers premium
Starting bid: $200.00
Total bids: 0
In this lot we are offering a beautiful and scarce Grande poster.
Early posters from the Grande are hard to find in any condition so even a lower grade copy like this is in high demand from collectors.
The Spirit of Love was the Theme for this pair of shows at the Grande. The Poor Souls Who we are Frut of The Loom Southbound Freeway and Passing Clowns were the performers over these two nights at the Grande in March of 1967.
Many of the bands from this period that appeared at the Grande have clearly eluded the history books. Regardless of the lack of pedigree with these acts the posters themselves serve as incredible historical documents from a powerful period in music and culture.
- Poster – Poor Souls Grande Ballroom
- Sub Title – Spirit Of Love
- Grade – PAE Fine 67
- Bands/Bill - The Poor Souls Who we are Frut of The Loom Southbound Freeway and Passing Clowns
- Venue – Grande Ballroom
- City – Detroit Michigan
- Date – 3/10/1969
- Dimensions- 17" x 21 7/16"
- Printing- (OP-1) – Original Printing
- Artist – David Carlin
- Series/ Promoter- Russ Gibb
- AOR # - #2.46
- Paper Type- Vellum
- Condition Details –There is a tack hole in each corner with an additional hole in the top left corner. There are small cuts from the tack –head in the left and right top corners. There are multiple horizontal creases throughout but none of them break the ink. On the upper right side there is a crease that does break the ink and there are three small tears on the right edge in addition to handling on the left and right edge.
*****This Poster is available for inspection at our gallery by appointment. *****"