Final Auction Price
*Final prices include buyers premium
Starting bid: $2,500.00
Total bids: 0
We are extremely pleased to be able to offer one of the most sought after cardboard posters from the late 1960’s. This stunning poster captures Janis Joplin at the height of her commercial success performing at the 20 000-seat Madison Square Garden in New York City! This poster has incredible history and value. The performance was memorable with reports of Joplin stirring the crowd up to a riotous frenzy. The show ended with guest appearances by both Jonny Winter and Paul Butterfield. It should also be noted that this was Janis’ last performance with the Kozmic Blues Band
This poster is not only scarce and valuable; it is one of the finest looking and well-designed poster from the legendary performers brief but brilliant career. It was just a few short years from when the performer arrived in San Francisco in June of 1966 to her tragic demise in October of 1970 less than a year after this show.
This poster has remained in the possession of the original owner since the day it hung in the world famous Madison Square Garden! The owner a teenager at the time very cleanly trimmed the poster to fit in a frame. This was a treasured artifact from the consignor’s life and was treated with great care for the last 45 years!
- Poster - Janis Joplin Madison Square Garden
- Grade – Trimmed
- Bands/Bill – Janis Joplin and Paul Butterfield Blues Band
- Venue – Madison Square Garden
- City – New York New York
- Date - 12/19/69
- Dimensions - 13 5/8” x 20”
- Printing - OP-1
- Artist – Elliott Landy (Photographer)
- Paper - Glossy Cardboard
- Condition Details- This poster has been trimmed (by the original owner) it appears to have one inch trimmed from both the bottom and top. There are a couple of light scuffs on the surface a small push on the left edge. There are also a few small areas of chipped ink. On the reverse there are tape pulls in each corner and tape stains on the right and left edges.