Final Auction Price
*Final prices include buyers premium
Starting bid: $200.00
Total bids: 0
The Human Be-in was perhaps “the” culminating event of the San Francisco Psychedelic scene in the late 1960’s.
This happening included all of the major figures of the day. The Be-in was originally conceived as an opportunity for the San Francisco Bohemians and Berkeley radicals to join forces in celebration of their respective counter culture ideals. The major San Francisco bands of the day as well as Psychedelic advocates political radicals beat writers and spiritualists took the stage. Key figures of the era like Tim Leary Richard Alpert(Ram Dass) Allan Ginsburg and Jerry Rubin spoke to the gathering of 30 000. In attendance were all of the tribes of the Bay Area youth movement .. The Be-in was a true illustration of the ideals of the Haight and probably the last true gathering before the innocence of the culture would be lost.
Several posters flyers and handbills were designed for the Be-In this r version was created by the legendary collaborators Stanley Mouse and Alton Kelley
- Poster – Human Be in
- Sub Title – A Gathering of the Tribes
- Grade – PAE Excellent 71
- Bands/Bill – Allan Ginsberg Tim Leary and All S.F. Rock Groups
- Venue – Polo Field Golden Gate Park
- City – San Francisco California
- Date – 1/14/67
- Dimensions- 14” x 20”
- Printing- (OP-1) – Original Printing
- Artist – Mouse and Kelley
- Series/ Promoter-
- AOR # - 2.217
- Paper Type-Vellum
- Condition Details – The top two corners have pinholes in addition to one in the bottom center. On the top edge there is a 3/16” tear and on the right edge there is a 1/16” nick. On the left edge there is a 1/16” nick and a 1/8” tear and a 3/8” tear on the bottom edge. The bottom right corner is crunched there are some small stains and handling throughout. Written in pencil on the back is “$800”
*****This Poster is available for inspection at our gallery by appointment. *****"