Final Auction Price
*Final prices include buyers premium
Starting bid: $1,000.00
Total bids: 0
We are pleased to offer in this auction one of the scarcest 1960’s Michigan area psychedelic rock posters of all time. This poster was created for a 1967 Jefferson Airplane concert held at the Ford Auditorium in Detroit Michigan. The Concert was promoted by Russ Gibb the man responsible for staging shows at the much smaller Grande Ballroom. This was the first large scale event by Uncle Russ in the Grande poster series.
Jefferson Airplane were at the top of their game at the time of this concert. They had just recently that year released Surrealistic Pillow to critical acclaim and had just weeks earlier performed at the Monterey Pop Festival. These events catapulted the Airplane into international recognition and they were considered THE San Francisco Band of the day.
This poster is another set breaker for the Grande series it was printed in very low quantities and very few copies have survived. We have been fortunate to acquire the poster from the personal collection of a former light show artist at the Grande Ballroom. These posters have been in storage for the last 45+years. If you are a serious Grande Ballroom collector don’t hesitate to take advantage of this offering. These posters rarely show up for public sale.
- Poster – Jefferson Airplane Ford Auditorium
- Grade – PAE Excellent 75
- Bands/Bill – Jefferson Airplane and MC5
- Venue – Ford Auditorium
- City – Detroit Michigan
- Date – 6/30/1967
- Dimensions- 15 31/32” x 21 15/32”
- Printing- (OP-1) – Original Printing
- Artist – Carlson
- Series/ Promoter- Russ Gibb
- Paper Type- Vellum
- Condition Details – There are tack holes in each corner with abrasions from the tack head on the upper left and lower right corners and a tear from the tack head in the upper right. There is also a small strip of paper missing from the top right corner and on the reverse there are tiny little tape pulls on the upper left and right corners. On the left edge there is a touch of handling.
*****This Poster is available for inspection at our gallery by appointment. *****"