Final Auction Price
*Final prices include buyers premium
Starting bid: $200.00
Total bids: 0
Beat poet Lawrence Ferlinghetti’ was the founder of San Francisco's famed City lights bookstore a fixture in San Francisco’s history. Located in Northbeach The groundbreaking bookstore was a Beat and counterculture mainstay and still is relevant to this day.
For this early 1966 event at the Fillmore Auditorium Ferlinghetti hosted a reading by the renowned Russian poet Andrei Voznesensky. The reading was followed by a performance by The Jefferson Airplane who were quickly becoming the sweethearts of the San Francisco music scene and were regulars at the Fillmore ever since Bill Graham took over the venue in February of that year.
- Handbill – Jefferson Airplane Fillmore Auditorium
- Grade – PAE Mint 97
- Bands/Bill- Jefferson Airplane and Poet Andre Voznesensky
- Venue- Fillmore Auditorium
- City – San Francisco California
- Date – 4/7/66
- Dimensions- 6 9/16” x 10 ½”
- Printing- (OP-1) – Original Printing
- Series/ Promoter- City Lights Books
- Paper Type – Thin Paper
- Condition Details – This poster exhibits no flaws.
*****This handbill is available for inspection at our gallery by appointment. *****"