Final Auction Price
*Final prices include buyers premium
Starting bid: $1,000.00
Total bids: 0
We are thrilled to be able to offer this extremely scarce Jimi Hendrix poster from 1968. The ’68 Hendrix tour is well documented as being the groundbreaking guitarists first complete US tour. This poster was created for a concert at Arizona State University in Tempe Arizona. The image for this poster is a stock image that was used for several concerts from that tour. Very few copies of this poster still exist; in fact this is the only copy we know of. It has been in the hand of the original owner since he attended the concert in 1968. The owner of the poster was a local photographer who had access to many of the artists of the day. (The accompanying photo was taken by the consigner at the show).
- Poster – Jimi Hendrix Experience Sun Devils Gym ASU
- Grade – PAE Near Mint 85
- Bands/Bill – Jimi Hendrix Experience and The Soft Machine
- Venue – Sun Devil’s Gym ASU
- City – Tempe Arizona
- Date - 1969
- Dimensions- 11”1/32 x 15 23/32”
- Printing- (OP-1) – Original Printing
- Series/ Promoter- Sigma Chi Fraternity
- Paper Type- Uncoated Index
- Condition Details – The upper left hand corner has 2 minor creases there is a lower left hand corner bump and a 1/8” tear on the left hand edge near the bottom. On the reverse there are minor tape pulls on the top left and bottom right.
*****This Poster is available for inspection at our gallery by appointment. *****"