Final Auction Price
*Final prices include buyers premium
Starting bid: $200.00
The FIRST and ONLY Double Signed MINT example to appear at public auction. If you assemble a list of the five most favorite Family Dog Designs from 1966 this is sure to EASILY appear on most collector lists as it depicts the devastation from the “Great Earthquake” one of the most important events in California history.
The FD -21 is one of the hardest Family Dog posters to find in ANY condition let alone MINT condition. This totally original piece is absolutely flawless from the front but has 3 pieces of tape each about 1 inch in length in 3 of the 4 corners on the reverse. This tape could be easily removed. There are no nicks cuts tears pinholes or restoration of any kind. Our records track just two comparable pieces at auction in the past 10 years. An UNSIGNED example brought $2028 on 9/10/09 and another UNSIGNED example brought $2082 on 5/1/14. A few heavily damaged copies also appeared that have been signed by Mouse but we believe this is the only DOUBLE SIGNED copy to ever be offered at public auction!
Signed by the artists Stanley Mouse and the late Alton Kelley
• Title - Bo Diddley Avalon Ballroom
• Sub Title : FD -21 - Earthquake
• Grade -PAE Almost Near Mint 93
• Bands/Bill- Bo Diddley Big Brother and The Holding Company
• Venue- Avalon Ballroom
• City – San Francisco California
• Date 8/12-13/1966
• Dimensions- 13 7/8” x 19 15/16”
• Printing- (OP-1) Original -Pre-Concert- First Printing
• Artist –Mouse / Kelley
• Series/ Promoter- Family Dog
• Paper- Vellum
• Condition details- Flawless from the front 1 inch pieces of tape in 3 out of 4 corners on reverse.